Friday, March 13, 2009

His Strenght, Not Mine

This will kind of go along with the last post.

I think a lot of times people don't feel like they can be used by God. Either they feel like they just aren't good enough, aren't spiritual enough, don't speak well enough, don't know the Bible well enough, etc. The funny thing is that people lose sight of the fact that God doesn't expect us to be anything more than we are, he meets us right where we are no matter how good, bad, or indifferent we are. The Bible is filled with people that weren't the best, but that allowed themselves to be used and embraced the Lord despite their faults and insecurities. And just by allowing themselves to be used, they changed the world.

Moses
"Come, I will send you to Pharoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" Exodus 3:10-11

But Moses said to the Lord, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue." Then the Lord said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak." Exodus 4:10-12

Paul
For I am the least of, the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I but the grace of God that is with me. 1 Corinthians 15:9-10

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. 1 Timothy 1:15-16

Funny that two of the most influential people in Christianity felt unworthy of the task they were called to and did not feel good enough, yet the Lord used them to literally change the world.

One of the main reasons that God can use people despite our faults is because in our weakness He is strong.

"My grace is sufficient for you, FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ tehn, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

It's those areas of our life that we struggle in that end up being our strengths because it's that area of our life that we know we must lean entirely on the Lord rather than trying to do it on our own. Therefore, it is his strength and not ours that matters.

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25


"You Are Here" by Needtobreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment